04 January 2013

He's Got The Whole What!?!?

It's a new year.
It's a time for fresh beginnings.
It's a time for reflection and change.
It's a time for stress, depression,and worry.

Last night as I was driving home I was reflecting on my new responsibilities, my relationships, and my attitude. 2012 was not a year of growth, it was a year of stuck in the mud. I'm glad I can look back and see what my faith and relationships were like and how I can use my mistakes to change my attitude for 2013.

The first thought that came to mind was of how JESUS came to save (John 3:17, a verse looked over a lot because of the predecessor, John 3:16) not me. I didn't come to save anybody or anything. I am a sinner, a failure, and I fall short of the glory of God (Romans 3:23). I focused on trying to fix myself all on my own last year that I just ran into a wall, fell over, and didn't get anywhere. It was a discouraging year but this year will be different. It's a time for beginnings, change, and worry...

How do I continue to give up my shortcomings to Jesus? How do I stop myself from fixing my own heart and my own problems? What is this year really going to be like, what will happen to me?

To answer those questions (and more) I need to change my attitude and way of self-thinking. I need to decide that Jesus is trustworthy and that He can do it better than I can any day. I also need to understand that He truly cares!!! Jesus WANTS to love me, change me, and SAVE me.

As I continued driving, the song "He's Got the Whole World In His Hands" popped into my head. I was singing it but then new lyrics came to me...He's got my future in His hands, He's got my future in His hands, He's got my future in His hands, He's got my whole life in His hands...

It was encouraging to be reminded that God has this, I just have to let Him work. I kept singing and adding my own words like relationships, worries and cares, etc.

He's got it ALL in His hands, I just need to keep it there and not try to take over. To a new year and a new attitude!

No comments:

Post a Comment